Motorcyclists are at a high risk of being involved in an accident with a motor vehicle. Indeed, while motorcycles only make up a fraction of vehicles on the road, they are involved in a higher percentage of accidents, proportionally, compared to passenger cars. While motorcyclists are at risk of numerous injuries in the event of a crash, facial injuries are particularly common. If you’ve suffered a facial injury in a motorcycle crash, you may have the right to bring forth a claim for damages. Call our law firm today to learn more.
Common Types of Facial Injuries
A motorcyclist’s face is at high risk of injury in the event that the motorcyclist is involved in a crash. Common types of facial injuries include:
- Bone fractures to the cheekbones, front bones, orbital bones, nasal bones, upper jawbones, and mandible
- Road rash
- Broken teeth
Liability for a Facial Injury Caused By a Motorcycle Accident
When you are suffering a facial injury that requires medical treatment, and potentially causes pain, suffering, and permanent scarring and disfigurement, you deserve to be compensated. If you can prove that the other party involved in the accident was at-fault for your crash, you may be able to hold them liable for the full extent of your damages. Depending on the circumstances of your claim, you may be able to file a claim against your own insurance coverage, or against the liability insurance of the at-fault party.
What to Do If You Have a Facial Injury
If you have a facial injury as a result of a motorcycle accident, it’s important that you take action immediately. Important steps to take include:
- Seek medical care—You should visit a hospital immediately and follow your doctor’s orders regarding treatment.
- Report the motorcycle accident to the police and get a copy of the police report.
- Report the accident to your insurance provider within 24-48 hours of its occurrence.
- Write down as much as you can about the accident.
- Gather any evidence you can as soon as possible, including photographs, the names and contact information of any eyewitnesses, and details about the accident location and settings (time of day, weather, etc.).
- Contact a personal injury attorney—a personal injury lawyer who has experience in motorcycle accident claims will assist you in filing your claim, understanding the value of your damages, proving fault, and negotiating a fair settlement.
Call Tetzel Law, LLC Directly Today for Your Free Consultation
At the office of Tetzel Law, LLC, we understand that facial injuries are not only painful and expensive to treat, but also that they can cause permanent disfigurement and scarring that is embarrassing and difficult to live with. If you have suffered an injury as a result of a motorcycle accident, our experienced motorcycle injury attorneys can help. Call our law firm directly today for the help you need. We offer free consultations and always work on a contingency fee basis. Reach us at (617) 742-1700.