Distracted Driving Lawyer Scholarship 2018
The civil litigation lawyers at Tetzel Law, LLC are pleased to announce our new annual scholarship “Distracted Driving Lawyer Scholarship – 2018”. As civil litigation attorneys in both Boston and Worcester we see firsthand the damages distracted driving can bring to families and communities alike. With our scholarship, we seek to raise awareness for distracted driving accidents by putting students in the role of a legislator seeking to reduce distracted driving accidents across the state. It is our hope that by having students write this essay it will make them think about their own actions when they are behind the wheel.
We will be awarding the $1,000 Scholarship in February of 2018 after our review of scholarship applications is complete.
- Submit a completed application using the form below, and
- Proof of Enrollment or future enrollment in Post-High School education (trade school, graduate school, etc.)
We will be selecting a winner based off the following factors:
- Follows directions provided;
- Essay quality;
- Transcript from last institute of education; and
All applications must be submitted by January 30th, 2018.
- Many states have enacted laws and preventative measures to decrease or ban distracted driving, including age restrictions, hand-free use, citations, and more. If you had the responsibility to create a law or any other preventative measures to decrease distracted driving, what would they be and why?
Essays must be 12-point, Arial font, single spaced with proper grammar and paragraphs. Essays must not contain errors and should be spell checked. Our live website chat is not for scholarship questions. The winning essay will be a published blog post on our website. All applicants must allow your essay to be published on our website and the winner may supply a photo to display with the winning essay. The scholarship winner will be selected and notified by February 7th, 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: I can’t get access to my transcript can I still apply?
Answer: Yes – submit proof of grades anyway you can. A picture will suffice.
Question: When will I be contacted?
Answer: We’ll send you an email if you’re the selected winner and we’ll publish your essay on our website.
Question: What if I have another question – can I contact the firm?
Answer: Due to the number of applicants we cannot respond to individual questions. When in doubt submit your application.
- Contacting the law firm with questions
- Plagiarizing your essay
- Essays with 451 words or more
Please use the forms below to submit all information needed. Good luck!