Massachusetts may be a beautiful place to live, but as more and more people flock to the state and the population grows, traffic increases and intersections become more dangerous. In fact, certain intersections in the state are particularly risky and are a common spot for T-bone accidents and failure-to-yield crashes. If you’ve been in an accident in one of our state’s most dangerous intersections, you deserve to be compensated for your harm. Call our lawyers at Tetzel Law today for legal counsel you can trust.
Most Dangerous Intersections in Massachusetts
All intersections have the potential to be dangerous, but intersections that are highly trafficked tend to see more crashes. According to MassLive.com, the following are the most dangerous intersections in the state statically speaking:
- Kelley Square and Water Street, Worcester
- VFW Highway and Varnum Avenue, Lowell
- Main Street at Middle Street, Weymouth
- Little Road at Boston Road, Westford
- Market Street and Grand Army of the Republic Highway, Swansea
- Appleton Street at Central Street, Lowell
- Massachusetts Avenue Connector at Frontage Road, Boston
What to Do After an Accident
Being involved in an intersection accident, especially one that occurs at high speeds and results in significant damages, is scary. If you’re involved in an intersection crash, it’s important that you take the following steps:
- Always report the accident to the police, even if damages initially appear minor.
- Collect as much evidence at the scene of the accident as possible, including the driver’s name and insurance information, photos of damages to vehicles, witnesses’ names, and details about the weather, lighting, etc.
- Get medical care, even if you don’t think you’re seriously harmed. Follow your doctor’s instructions precisely.
- Call your insurance company to report the accident. If you delay in reporting the accident, your claim could be denied.
- Call an attorney immediately who has experience working on intersection crashes.
Types of Compensation Available
When you’ve been involved in a car accident in Massachusetts, you deserve to be compensated. Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance coverage is required in our state. After a crash, you maintain the right to file a claim against your own PIP policy for damages, regardless of fault. PIP pays for medical costs and a portion of your lost wages.
Sometimes, PIP coverage is not enough to pay for a person’s losses. If a person meets the serious injury threshold in Massachusetts and can prove that the other party was at fault for the accident, they can bring a claim for damages against the at-fault party. Through a personal injury claim, a person can seek compensation for the full value of their medical expenses, lost wages, property damage costs, and pain and suffering.
Call Our Massachusetts Car Accident Lawyers Today
At the law office of Tetzel Law, our Massachusetts car accident attorneys have experience working with car accident victims throughout the state and know how to competently investigate intersection accident claims and advocate for our clients. To schedule a free consultation with our law firm, please send us a message or call (617) 742-1700 today